Website City of Waco
Senior Public Information & Communication Specialist
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2022-01292
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Municipal Information
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum starting salary $52,265.77 depending on qualifications
Under basic supervision, prepares and presents internal and external communications for assigned departments within the City of Waco.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develops content, presents information, and ensures accurate information is presented to promote city departments and services; updates City website and social media sites and provides electronic and print media organizations with information.
• Represents the City and maintains media relations in the community on a variety of topics in a timely manner.
• Cultivates valuable content to promote city departments and services.
• Develops policy and establishes infrastructure to enhance internal and external communication to cultivate stakeholder and community engagement.
• Establishes and maintains communication with the overall city communications team.
• Creates and evaluates presentations for assigned departments.
• Evaluates public issues and public perception of issues and recommends solutions.
• Develops and implements communication strategies for dissemination information to ensure that the key messages reach the public.
• Develops and coordinates crisis and risk communications during city emergencies.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Organizational Communications, Media Relations or Public Relations, or a related field
• Five years’ experience in journalism, communications, and public relations programs;
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3288168
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.