Website City of Waco
Sr. Public Information & Communication Specialist – Library
City of Waco
Salary: See Position Description
Job Number: 2022-01457
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Communications & Marketing
Job Type: Full Time
WHY WORK FOR WACO:
• Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
• 37 days of sick, vacation, and holiday time in the 1st year of employment
• Onsite fitness centers and overall employee well-being programs
• Paid Parental Leave
• Education Assistance Program
• Be part of a high performing team
• Diverse community
• Company culture of equity and inclusion, serves with integrity, invests in people, provides excellent and innovative services, and focuses on teamwork
Minimum starting salary: $52,265.77 depending on qualifications
Under basic supervision, prepares and presents internal and external communications for the Waco McLennan Public Library (WPL).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develops and presents information and communications to promote all library programs and services.
• Develops, maintains, and oversees the library’s website and all social media accounts.
• Develops content, presents information, and ensures accurate information is presented to promote library services.
• Creates flyers, brochures, newsletters, and other promotional materials.
• Develops policy and establishes infrastructure to enhance internal and external communication to cultivate stakeholder and community engagement.
• Develops and implements communication strategies for the dissemination of library services to ensure that the key messages reach the public.
• Represents the library and maintains media relations in the community on a variety of topics promptly.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Establishes and maintains communication with the overall city communications team.
• Creates and evaluates presentations for assigned departments.
• Evaluates public issues and public perception of issues and recommends solutions.
• Develops and coordinates crisis and risk communications during city emergencies.
• May be required to respond after hours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driver’s license preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Organizational Communications, Media Relations or Public Relations
• Five years’ experience in journalism, communications, and public relations programs;
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects. Sedentary work involves a stationary position most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3615199
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.