Commissary Technician – PT
Website City of Waco
Commissary Technician – PT
City of Waco
Salary: See Position Description
Job Number: 2023-01211
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Cameron Park Zoo
Job Type: Part Time
Minimum Starting Salary is $15 per hour depending on qualifications
THE CITY OF WACO SEEKS:
A reliable team player that would enjoy preparing diets for a large majority of the mammals, small mammals, and birds collection at the Cameron Park Zoo. If you are someone who keeps your area clean, practices safe food handling and storage, and wants to ensure the animals are provided a quality nutrition, this could be the position for you. Apply Now!
• High school diploma or GED
• One year food handling experience
• Valid Texas Driver’s License
• Valid food handler certificate must be obtained within 90 days
This position is part-time and works eight hours on Saturday, eight hours on Sunday, and three hours on Monday morning.
The Part-Time Commissary Technician performs the essential weekend duties of the zoo’s commissary, including food preparation and storage. This position also assists in other zoo operations, contributes to positive guest experiences, and performs other duties as assigned.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepares animal diets in accordance with the appropriate species-specific Diet Sheets.
• Orders animal food and related supplies, maintaining an adequate animal food inventory.
• Properly rotates animal food stocks to ensure that older items are used first.
• Routinely inspects expiration dates of food items and supplies to ensure that they are used prior to expiration or discarded after expiration.
• Ensures that animal food is being stored properly to maximize freshness and to minimize contamination, pests, and spoilage.
• Maintains the kitchen and all food storage areas, including walk-in freezers and refrigerators, in a clean, organized fashion consistent with industry, USDA, and AZA standards, ensuring that the zoo commissary is kept up to inspection standards at all times.
• Maintains all food preparation and storage facilities and equipment.
• Insures that animal food is of an appropriate quality through inspection at arrival and at the time of preparation, as well as through submission of diet samples to appropriate labs for nutritional analysis.
• Follows USDA food safety and preparation guidelines.
• Communicates with the Animal Care Supervisors, Veterinarian, and Curators, to address diet-related issues.
• Actively contributes to positive guest experiences.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is essential.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4206578
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.