Website City of Waco
Latent Print/Crime Scene Technician – Part Time
City of Waco
Salary: $18.38 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01177
Location: Waco, TX
Job Type: Part Time
2 Part-Time Positions Available (19 hours a week)
• Must be available to work rotating days and hours including but not limited to: Evenings, Nights, Weekends and Holidays
• All positions in the City of Waco Police Department are designated as Essential (First Responder) Employees and will require you to work long hours in emergency or disaster stations that may require you to be away from your home and/or family for extended periods of time.
Under basic supervision, processes evidence, latent prints and other trace evidence for the Waco Police Department (WPD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Processes and preserves crime scene and accident scene evidence to aid in criminal and civil prosecutions; takes legal custody of fingerprints and other trace evidence; makes physical and automated (AFIS) fingerprint comparisons; prepares evidence for court presentations; takes fingerprints from suspects and public and processes as needed; assists other WPD Officers and Technicians as requested.
• Processes, secures, and maintains the inventory of WPD evidence and preserves the legal chain of custody in compliance with state laws, City policies and WPD quality standards; documents handling of evidence; maintains activity logs and generates reports.
• Accurately documents work product in offense reports and on diagrams.
• Testifies in court, maintains a chain of custody of evidence, and acquires and maintains a working knowledge of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure.
• Works in an environment containing bio-hazardous materials.
• Must have ability to climb, carry, stoop, and crawl and safely operate a motor vehicle. Frequently exposed to extreme heat, cold, humidity, and precipitation; fumes and odors from processing chemicals; and bio-logical hazards such as blood and body fluids.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
• Driving is essential.
• Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, or a related field.
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must complete Police Department Background Packet
• Provide truthful and accurate information at all times during the application process. Any dishonesty found during the application process will result in an automatic disqualification and deem applicant permanently unsuitable for hire at any other time.
• Must be able to pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background screening.
• Must be able to pass a polygraph.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• One year of experience in crime scene processing, latent print development and fingerprint comparison.
ALL APPLICANTS – Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required.
Applicant must meet CJIS requirements related to system access. By applying for this job, you are subjected to a state and national criminal history check of the following:
• Felony Convictions
• Felony Deferred Adjudication
• Class A & B Misdemeanor Convictions
• Class A & B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication
• Any open arrest for any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor)
• Any Family Violence Convictions
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3064909
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.