Website City of Waco
Part Time Library Assistant – 10 hours per week
City of Waco
Salary: $15.90 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01489
Location: Waco, TX
Job Type: Part Time
WHY WORK FOR WACO:
• Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
• 37 days of sick, vacation, and holiday time in the 1st year of employment
• Onsite fitness centers and overall employee well-being programs
• Paid Parental Leave
• Education Assistance Program
• Be part of a high performing team
• Diverse community
• Company culture of equity and inclusion, serves with integrity, invests in people, provides excellent and innovative services, and focuses on teamwork
Under basic supervision, assists Waco-McLennan County Public Library (WPL) patrons with locating items, check-out and return of library materials and other customer services. Library Assistants are responsible for providing quality services to the public. They assist patrons in a friendly and a timely manner both in person and by telephone.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Use library automated system to check materials in/out, process holds, register new borrowers and collect fines/fees.
• Assist patrons with the use of library equipment, including the copier, fax, online catalog and public computers.
• Assist patrons with reference and readers’ advisory questions.
• Shelves library materials.
• Assist patrons with locating material.
• Assists in keeping the library neat and orderly.
• Assist with opening and closing procedures of the library.
• Must follow ALA principles and guidelines as they pertain to censorship and confidentially.
• Duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Must be at least 16 years of age
• High school diploma or GED.
• Customer Service experience
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license
• Must pass a Library Skills Test
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3712869
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.