Website City of Waco
Part-Time Recreation Aide
City of Waco
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01323
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Parks & Recreation
Job Type: Part Time
Minimum Starting Salary $15.00 per hour depending on qualifications
Available positions at Dewey and Bledsoe-Miller Recreations Centers
Under close supervision, assists in the delivery of City recreation programs and events.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides and promotes recreation activities and events for City residents; sets up recreation sites and facilities for events and scheduled programs; maintains equipment and facilities in clean and safe condition; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Organizes recreation activities, supervises program participants and enforces rules, regulations and safety precautions at indoor and outdoor facilities; maintains discipline, monitors behavior and resolves issues.
• Develops promotional media for events and special programs; tutors youth and assists with schoolwork.
• Reports and resolves complaints, requests, safety conditions, security issues and illegal activities.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Perform other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Depending on the needs of the recreation center assigned to, may require bilingual testing and certification.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3343755
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.