Website Equipment Depot
Processes the payroll activities of multiple regions within a centralized payroll department carrying out responsibilities for tax reporting, benefit-records, processing payroll, administration and payroll systems maintenance.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Reconciles bi-weekly payroll activity to general ledger account balances with the ability to identify and allocate transactional discrepancies
- Prepares and completes bi-weekly payrolls for multiple regions
- Applies company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures
- Examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures
- Studies and standardizes payroll procedures to improve efficiency in all regions of the company
- Adjusts payroll errors and handles complaints
- Responds to written and verbal inquires for providing information
- Communicates with a variety of internal and external parties (branches/federal/local/payroll agencies etc.) to ensure accurate processing of payroll deductions/garnishments
- Maintains a wide variety of payroll information, files and records in written and electronic formats to provide an up- to-date reference and audit trail for compliance
- Prepares a variety of payroll related documents (e.g. retirement plan transfers, payroll register, stop payments, W-2 controls) for documenting activities and issues; meeting compliance requirements, and providing audit trails
- Monitors payroll activities and/or program components to ensure effective department functioning, coordinating activities and ensuring compliance with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements
- Must have working experience with reconciling general ledger accounts
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel knowledge and be able to regularly perform VLOOKUP functions and pivot tables
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Customer Service – Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image
- Dependability – Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements
- Integrity/Ethics – Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad
- Productivity – Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, and handles information flow
- Quality – Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems
Passion to Perform – We have a passion to perform and focus on delivering real results. We don’t give up. We continue to improve to ensure we provide the absolute best service to our customers.
Trust to Act – We’re trusted to do a good job, and we deliver. We use that freedom to apply our talents and qualities for the best results. Above all, we’re focused on possibilities, not limitations.
Act Responsibly – We’re responsible for all our actions, and we consider the consequences for our stakeholders and the environment. We’re honest, open and direct.
Make it Fun – At Equipment Depot, enjoying your job is serious business! We’re approachable for colleagues, customers and business partners alike. We work hard, and we celebrate our success.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Experience: ONE (1) + years of payroll experience preferred but not required. Exposure to California payroll a plus
Computer Skills: Experience with HRIS Paycom and Microsoft Navision ERP preferred. Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge required
Certificates & Licenses: CPP Preferred but not required
Work environment varies from office to job site to industrial locations
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.