Website Gaumard Scientific
If you’re looking for a great place to work with great opportunities, GAUMARD SCIENTIFIC is the place for you. We are currently looking to hire an Electronics Assembler at our Waco, Texas location. To learn more about this opportunity, see below.
This position is responsible for producing and assembling components/parts for various simulator models to include maintaining and testing electrical systems and components. Furthermore, the technician will need to be knowledgeable on how to use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and modify electronic parts and also ensure all system components meet established specifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The person filling this position will have a familiarity with working in a production environment and will be required to follow detailed instructions and schematics.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Department Manager. May assist other repair employees in the performance of simulator repairs. Does not exercise supervision over any other position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Produce, manufacture, and refurbish parts to include reassembly for repair use.
• To inspect, utilize diagnostics, and repair pre-assembled parts using hand or power tools such as wire strippers, wire crimping sets, soldering iron and micro welding devices, electrical testing devices to include system test sets, volt/ohm multimeter (Fluke), oscilloscopes, and variable power supplies.
• To interpret and follow mechanical/electrical schematics, drawings, diagrams, samples, or written or verbal instructions without deviation.
• Complete production in a timely manner.
• Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
• Identify and report on repeat failure modes and document trends.
• Suggest design component and/or assembly changes and improvements to the Engineering Department (Schematic Red lines).
• Adhere to all safety requirements/guidelines and report all unsafe practices immediately. Also suggest improvements or ideas for shop quality.
• Performs additional related duties as assigned or required.
• Education: High school diploma or its equivalent
• 1-3 years of electronics experience working in a production environment.
• Completion of a formal apprenticeship program or electronics certificate preferred.
• Must have the ability to perform Final Test on some Gaumard products.
• Experience working with electronics, standard test and measurement equipment.
• Able to follow detailed written and oral instructions.
• Good organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work independently and/or willing to ask questions if unaware or unsure of task at hand.
• Excellent manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
• Frequent use of the arms, hands, and fingers is required to perform functions such as
reaching, grabbing, pinching, picking, holding, and turning.
• Frequent use of hand and power tools weighing up to 75lbs.
• The employee is interchangeably required to sit, stand and walk during their shift.
• Employees may be required to bend, stoop or kneel to grab supplies and or materials
• The employee must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull or move objects across the production floor weighing up to 40 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
• The employee may be required to reach at or below shoulder level and reach overhead for short to moderate periods.
• Must be able to hear, understand, and distinguish sounds and speak clearly.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description supersedes all previous descriptions. This job description is intended to be a tool to describe the primary purpose of the job and the KEY duties and responsibilities. This description does not state or imply that the functions listed above are the only tasks to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Management has the right to add to or change the job responsibilities at any time.
WHAT YOU WILL GET AS A GAUMARD EMPLOYEE:
• Career Growth
• Full Benefits after 30 days (Medical, Dental, Vision)
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Holidays (no waiting period)
• 401K Retirement plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of employee’s contribution
• Job Stability
• Working alongside a collaborative team
• Employee Assistance Program
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Gaumard Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Gaumard Scientific is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Gaumard Scientific are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Gaumard Scientific will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Gaumard Scientific encourages applicants of all ages. Gaumard Scientific will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.