Website Greater Waco Legal Services
Job Title: Director of Development
FLSA Classification: Exempt/At-Will
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Salary will commensurate with education and relevant work experience.
About Greater Waco Legal Services
Greater Waco Legal Services (GWLS) provides affordable legal services, holistic advocacy, and community-driven problem-solving so that all members of our community have equal access to justice. We envision our legal services helping our community grow healthier, more educated, and more financially secure. We rely heavily on grants and fundraising to sustain our mission, so we seek a dedicated nonprofit administration professional to lead our vital fund development efforts.
Greater Waco Legal Services (GWLS) is seeking applicants for the position of Director of Development. The ideal candidate has a strong background in grants and fundraising nonprofit administration. The Director of Development will report to and work closely with the Executive Director. The Director of Development is responsible for planning, implementing, and overseeing GWLS’s comprehensive fund development plan and advancement strategies, including grants research, writing and management, donor relations, monthly and annual fundraising, special events, major gifts, corporate and foundation giving, and planned giving.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, nonprofit management, social work, public health or administration, or a related field
2. Prior nonprofit and/or fund development experience in organizations serving persons with low-income and/or oppressed communities (preferred)
3. Valid Texas Drivers’ License and Personal Auto Insurance Policy
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
1. Community-centered approach to fund development
2. Creative, collaborative, and innovative mindset, alongside a capacity to think and plan strategically and to develop and implement projects
3. Highly efficient organizational, project management, and planning skills, as reflected in the abilities to prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks, meet deadlines, and produce timely, accurate, and quality results
4. Curiosity and a desire to constantly evaluate, learn, and optimize
5. Excellent written & verbal communication skills
6. High level of integrity and commitment to enhancing the mission, vision, and values of GWLS
7. Teachable attitude regarding the history, culture, and objectives of GWLS, our clients, and the community
8. Capacity to work independently and serve as part of an interdisciplinary team with shared job responsibilities
9. Commitment to steadfast, progressive work for justice, equity, and inclusion
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement a comprehensive fund development plan with targeted, timely, and quantifiable goals and objectives in partnership with the Executive Director, GWLS Board, Staff, and Volunteer Partners
2. Research, write, report, and otherwise steward consistent grant development
3. Manage general donations and annual fund, fundraising events, corporate sponsorships, grants, foundation donors, major gifts, and planned giving
4. Safeguard an effective donor management system through our Network for Good donor database input, content, reporting, and online fundraising platforms; periodically present statistical or trend analysis to Executive Director and Board
5. Monitor and analyze fund development data to evaluate performance, report to the Executive Director and Board, and adjust strategies as needed
6. Create and direct a stewardship program to cultivate deeper ties with donors, including thank you notes or gifts from agency or Board, meetings, affinity groups, in-person updates, and regular communication regarding the impact of their support
7. Empower the GWLS Board, Executive Director, Staff, Donors, and Volunteers to assist with the fund development plan and act as ambassadors for GWLS in the community
8. Collaborate with our Digital Media Communications and Marketing contract provider
9. Serve as lead contact/liaison for external community groups who fundraise on behalf of GWLS
10. Assist with standard and common administration and operations
11. Fulfill other duties as assigned.
Work authorization/security clearance required: Must be eligible to work in the United States
Other Duties as Assigned:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice, and the team member may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
Employment Benefits and Perks
1. Basic health package and other benefits offered.
2. Potential for advancement within the organization.
3. Qualifying employment for Public Service Loan Forgiveness & Income-Based Repayment programs.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
Greater Waco Legal Services (“GWLS”) does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. GWLS does provide and shall provide an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of its staff and its clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. GWLS is an equal-opportunity employer. GWLS does not and shall not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Please include your resume and cover letter expressing your interest in and qualifications for the position.
Applicants who are interested and meet the required qualifications can submit their application by following the link below:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.