Website Mission Waco Mission World
ASSOCIATE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT
Staff Group: Executive Staff Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Immediate Subordinates: Communication & Events Coordinator; volunteers; Social Media Coordinator; work-study students
General Summary: Responsible for providing strategic oversight, leadership, and management of a comprehensive financial development and fund-raising effort in support of MWMW’s priorities, initiatives, and programs.
Critical Functions and Responsibilities: 1. Design and execute strategies to achieve short and long-term sustainable philanthropy and engagement goals with individuals and private foundations through building relationships, giving campaigns, corporate giving strategies, and grant applications.
2. Help oversee the Creekside Community Village Capital Campaign, starting with Phase 1. Support the Campaign Chairperson(s), while also helping train additional Committee members when needed. Help establish campaign strategy including financial goals and metrics.
3. Work with the Board of Director Fund-Raising Committee and oversee the Director of Fund-Raising (through retirement in 2024) in their efforts to execute fund-raising events, including but not limited to: Banquet, Style Show, Golf Tournament, and Champions Breakfast.
4. As the Director of Fund-Raising retires, work alongside the Director to build relationships with key donors, while also working to bring in new, high-capacity givers.
5. Over time, build out a Development Team that cultivates new donor relationships while increasing annual contribution and monthly giving commitments.
6. Work with Administrative team as donations are recorded, running reports to help increase contributions.
7. Marketing: send out printed monthly donor letters, printed quarterly newsletters, and monthly ENews. Oversee all social media content creation. Work with MWMW staff to increase storytelling that engages donors at a program level. Create and maintain new donor onboarding process to retain donor engagement.
Additional Functions and Responsibilities 1. Help create and supervise development budget. 2. Attend monthly Staff and Program Director’s meetings. 3. Become familiar with and help implement GiANT leadership development platform. 4. Represent and speak on behalf of the organization at community-related events and gatherings. 5. Be available to address organizational needs and help shape the future of MWMW on the Executive Team. Requirements/Preferences Minimum skills and knowledge required: 1. Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing strategic initiatives. 2. Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills. Skills and knowledge preferred: 1. Ability to create and execute fund-raising events. 2. Exceptional ability to share the mission of MWMW, while inviting donors to give to help support MWMW’s efforts. Minimum previous experience required: 5-10 years in relevant role Previous experience preferred: 10+ years in relevant role Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree Education preferred: Master’s degree Minimum communication skills required: 1. Must have excellent interpersonal skills – able to communicate appropriately and compassionately. 2. Represent Mission Waco’s values with donors, potential donors, and outside entities. Communication skills preferred: Bilingual Behavioral, emotional, mental requirements: 1. Must be a wise and mature Christ-follower. 2. High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force. 3. Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters. 4. Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives. Other requirements: Able to keep flexible hours. Some light lifting (25lbs). Ability to serve in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com