Website Mission Waco Mission World
MWMW Position : MAINTENANCE STAFF
Job Type: Full Time 40 Hours per Week
Immediate Supervisor: Maintenance Director
General Summary: Team member for the maintenance, upkeep, and repair of all facilities, vehicles, and equipment. Some tech/IT assignments as time/experience is compatible.
Critical Functions and Responsibilities
1. Problem solving: assessing maintenance situations; be efficient in planning work order tasks and supply runs.
2. Skilled knowledge (or basic knowledge, or aptitude to learn) of buildings/vehicles/maintenance
3. Communication: Listen to direction; follow through on assigned tasks, and/or to know when to ask questions to gain knowledge or direction to do complete tasks; work as part of a team along with staff and volunteers.
4. Software system: Be able to utilize an online app that links to our maintenance software eSpace.
5. Provide task planning, support and leadership for volunteers (individuals, groups, Manna House).
Additional Functions and Responsibilities of the Maintenance Team
1. Manna House community service projects: Manna House recovery program participants provide community service hours three-to-four mornings per week (M/T/R/F) to help with grounds keeping, cleaning, and various other projects. Maintenance team interacts, plans and leads their volunteer service time.
2. Groups service projects: Volunteer groups come to MWMW throughout the year. Some of the service projects fall within the maintenance area (painting, cleaning, landscape/lawn work, staining picnic tables, etc.). Maintenance Team works in coordination with Groups Director and Groups program staff to identify and lead volunteers in completing projects.
3. Systems improvement: MWMW is a growing organization that is in need of improved systems for handling maintenance requests and getting the work done. Maintenance Team may have ideas/suggestions to speak into areas of improvement.
Minimum skills and knowledge required:
1. Understanding (or aptitude to learn) of building and maintenance trades along with a general understanding of mowing equipment and vehicle maintenance
2. Proficiency in basic computer skills including email, word processing, and internet use.
3. Able to pull trailers
4. Budget conscious and prevention motivated
Skills and knowledge preferred:
1. Specific skills in higher-skill areas of maintenance like electrical, plumbing, HVAC, mowing equipment and vehicle maintenance.
2. Preventative maintenance needs
Minimum previous experience required:
At least 1 year in a maintenance or construction related profession.
Previous experience preferred:
At least 3 years’ experience in a maintenance or construction related profession.
If person is savvy in basic tech/IT skills and troubleshooting, this is a plus to assist with technical / computer needs of our staff.
Minimum education required: High school diploma
Education preferred: Trade Certification or related college
Minimum communication skills required:
1. Digital communication including email and text messaging.
2. Ability to explain maintenance problems and repair timelines to staff who may have different levels understanding regarding facilities.
3. Good verbal communication skills and demeanor for coordinating with staff and volunteers on dailybasis and in sometimes stressful situations.
Communication skills preferred:
1. Good internet skills to keep info up-to-date for work order management system.
Special training, certification or licensing required:
1. Valid driver’s license, and meets criteria in MWMW Driver Policies to drive our vehicles.
Behavioral, emotional, mental requirements:
1. A self-starter who has the mental and emotional flexibility to deal with ever-changing schedules and priorities.
2. Honest and trustworthy
3. Team player
4. Respect with self, others, program participants, vendors, co-workers, and the mission of MWMW
5. Take pride in doing good work
Participate in Giant Worldwide leadership development curriculum, and be willing to grow in use of this in our organization.
Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com