Website Refresco Beverages Inc.
The Production Machine Operator is a key member to the production team and a summary of his/her responsibilities includes but is not limited to: monitoring speed and loads, tending various machines that perform functions such as filling, marking, labeling, banding, tying, packing, or wrapping containers.
- Operating assigned machines and all other associated work including; preventative maintenance, machine changeovers, adjusting for operational efficiency, and assist other operators as necessary.
- Startup machine and observes operation to detect malfunctions.
- Perform best practice quality checks.
- Identify and report defective materials.
- Maintain awareness of your area for possible hazards such as loose wires, loose parts, scattered tools, puddled juice or water, loose cording from cap pallets, open knives, bottles laying around moving parts of starwheel assembly.
- During downtime take care of accumulating rework.
- Manually record data as required, charting necessary process adjustments based on data findings.
- Ensure quality checks and procedures are complete.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitation of all equipment.
- Observe all safety procedures.
- Completing QMS paperwork to maintain packaging specs.
- Verify such specs as cap torque, stream pressure, container fill temperature, fill weights, codes. etc.
- Determine causes of downtime and document it on the downtime sheet.
- Reports food safety and quality problems to Plant Management and SQFP to initiate action.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Machine operations within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand units of measure and record information.
- Ability to work any shift assigned.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and following written work related instructions.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Willingness and ability to cooperate with and work well with others.
- Ability to track and record production information as necessary.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to push and/or pull up to 90 pounds.
- Must be able to continuously stand and/or walk for extended periods of time on concrete surface.
- Ability to repeatedly kneel, bend, crouch, and/or stoop throughout the shift as needed to successfully perform job duties.
- Successful completion of a post offer physical assessment, drug screen and background check required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org