Website Swan Products
The Manufacturing Process Engineer designs and implements systems and equipment procedures used in our manufacturing facility. The main duties include testing and monitoring equipment, updating current system processes, and conducting risk assessments.
Primary Functions and Duties
· Manage projects/coordinate equipment installation and layout/implement process and flow changes by working directly with involved supervisory and floor personnel
· Discover opportunities for waste reduction and capacity improvement and proactively drive solutions with and without capital investment
· Discover opportunities to improve Operational KPI through methods analysis, observation, time study, etc.)
· Facilitate kaizen events targeting key improvements to drive productivity, data management/collection, and paperwork handling improvements
· Analyze monthly financial performance to identify and improve operational metrics including adhering to product quality specifications, material usage, reduction in product returns, etc.)
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/chemical engineering or a similar field, preferred.
· 5 years of hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience leading measurable, successful improvement initiatives.
· Hands-on work or project experience, extrusion, plastics, assembly, or cutting applications preferred.
· Interpersonal skills in developing positive working relationships with vendors and other employees working with the production process.
· Recognized process improvement training (Lean, TPS, Six Sigma) Green Belt a plus
· Knowledge and experience in conducting time studies, mapping value streams, designing Poka Yoke fixtures
· Ability to analyze data and process inputs to assess improvement ideas
· Ability to manage projects to a successful and timely completion
· Ability to develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy
· Ability to work independently and effectively with cross-functional teams
· SPC (Statistical Process Control) knowledge
· Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
· Experienced user of MS Office Suite and project management software
· Strong technical writing and change management experience
Salary commensurate with experience
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use a computer keyboard, monitor and mouse, telephone, and printer; reach with hands, and arms, talk, see and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop or kneel and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Swan Products is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to Heather.email@example.com