Website Texas Life Insurance Company
A life insurance carrier located in Waco, Texas
Texas Life is recruiting for a life insurance valuation actuary to prepare key financial reports, administer commercial reinsurance, and perform other actuarial functions required by the company.
1) GAAP, STAT and Tax financial reporting.
2) Oversee administration of reinsurance on policies exceeding Texas Life’s retention limits.
3) Provide policy value quotes as requested.
4) Implement and oversee reserve calculation methodologies, assumptions, processes, software and documentation.
5) Implement and oversee experience monitoring processes, software and documentation.
6) Assist auditors.
7) Provide modeling, projections and analysis support for the Financial Reporting/Actuarial unit – including EV, Cash Flow Testing, RBC, and Loss Recognition, Plan, Unlocking, Self-support testing and special projects.
8) Perform signoffs requiring actuarial credentials and qualifications.
9) Perform all duties and prepare certifications as Texas Life’s Illustration Actuary.
10) Develop tools (processes, worksheets and/or programming), with supporting documentation, to support major responsibilities.
11) Train other finance/actuarial personal to be able to handle any of the above tasks, and pass on institutional knowledge.
1) Computer skills required, especially projection software and Excel. The ability to create Excel macros and compose and execute queries using database software is also desirable.
2) Must be able to communicate effectively with actuarial staff, home office employees, reinsurance vendors, and auditors.
3) Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Required Education / Certifications:
ASA or near ASA designation with desire to pursue FSA and at least 5 years of experience performing actuarial duties related to life insurance, as well as earn continuing education credits needed to acquire and maintain signoff authority.
Texas Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Diversity and Inclusion:
Texas Life is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace – one that is responsive to our customers, associates, investors, and the communities in which we live and work. We will recruit, develop and retain people of all ethnicities, sexual orientations and life experiences. We will promote an environment that exemplifies integrity, teamwork and respect for others and encourages new ideas and perspectives. We recognize that diversity brings strength and effectiveness to an organization, which ultimately creates value for our stakeholders.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com