Maintenance Tech II – Evening Shift
Trane Technologies is a climate innovator
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
The Maintenance Technician II is responsible for the maintenance of machinery and auxiliary equipment. He/ She will engage in the repair of automated computerized machine controls, and repair and maintain machines, equipment, buildings and grounds. This position is currently a 2nd shift position.
- Makes major electrical, mechanical, and construction repairs and installation involving schematics and/or blueprint interpretation.
- Troubleshoots drives, PLCs, and varies automation components.
- Determines root cause of failures and recommends preventive actions. Communicates same through work order system comments/history.
- Communicates consistently with internal customers regarding status of equipment in shop.
- Advises supervisor of needs for outside services and works with service representatives on equipment and controls repair and installation. Shows competency in several crafts and performs handyman aspects in all trades.
- Constructs sketches of mechanical or construction alterations/installations and electrical circuitry.
- Prepares bills of material on jobs requiring major material use and initiates purchase requisitions.
Makes day to day work-related decisions.
- Uses various material handling equipment such as hoists, carts, lifts, fork trucks and hand trucks in moving light to heavy weight material.
- Uses a variety of lock-out/tag-out devices as required per plant LOTO Plan.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with Industrial Machinery preferred.
- Three (3) plus years of experience in Maintenance is preferred.
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills.
- Comprehension of schematics/blueprints.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic/pneumatic systems desirable.
- Self-starter and motivated to maintain building/machines to 100% uptime via strong preventative activities.
- Willingness to change, flex and learn, Self-motivated, work pride, Innovative, Customer focused, Critical thinking.
- Mechanical Aptitude, Computer Skills and Standard Work Adherence
- Physical Requirements:
Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal company and external associates, both written and orally, including the telephone and radio
- Mobility within the work facility
- Ability to stand/walk 8-12 hours.
- Ability to bend, lift, reach and turn throughout the shift.
- Ability to lift, move, and/or pull 50+lbs repeatably throughout the shift.
- Ability to climb stairs, use forklift or other PIVs.
- Ability to work with tools and hands.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Apply at https://www.tranetechnologies.com/en/index/careers.html
To apply for this job email your details to Bbajer@trane.com